Sunday, February 18, 2007

January: In Review

It has been a long time since I updated this blog; if you exclude the previous post. That post was written in a time of anger and frustration. So, excuse me.

January was a very hectic month. This semester, I start as a graduated foundation student (but with no proper ceremony. Hhmm. When is it gonna be held? I'm waiting) and a fresh undergraduate. Supposedly, undergraduates have less credit hours but as far as I can see now, the workload has tripled; so has the classes.

For most days of the week, my class start at 8am. 8am!!! Aaarghh. The agony in having to wake up that early especially considering the fact that I always sleep late. And for the days that my class start this early, they end at 5pm. That even beats office hours. After about a month doing analysis about this, I can conclude that:
  • if you want to burn the food you just ate quickly, walk from the V4 cafe to Building 4 for your lab. On the way, you will have already burned half of your food. Then, after 3 hours of experimentation, your tummy will be empty again.
  • if you have a class at 8, don't even bother being there on time. Because I can assure you that no one else will be there besides the lecturer. The class will usually start 10-15 minutes late.
  • by the last hour of lecture, no will be focused. Everyone will be fidgeting around waiting for the lecture to be over. Especially me.
  • sleeping for 5 hours every night is not enough. Try to make it 8.
Cool, huh? Or is it too creepy? Whatever. It's your say. Apart from those 8-5 classes that I keep whining on about, there are other things that keep me busy as well. There is always something that I have to do every night; event stuff, Mandarin classes (fun!), A project, assignments, tutorials and reports. I don't even have time for myself. So, I hardly have the time to think about *tut*. Haha. Don't mistaken it to be some four-letter curse word. It's actually five-letters. And no. It's still not a curse word. Though it may sound interesting. <---Ignore me =p Oh. I almost forgot. I just discovered that the time it takes to go from Pocket D to my village is a record 5 minutes. Imagine having to run up the hill, through the cafe and down the hill again. Just so that I can print three pages of a letter to be approved. I even almost missed class for that. It was 8.50 and my class started at 9.00. It took 5 minutes to reach my room. Then, another 5 to print. Finally, another 5 to run, approve and go into class 10 minutes late. But thankfully, there were lots who were late, too.

I guess January was a month full of discoveries. Don't you think so, too?

P.S.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: